Saturday, October 8, 2011

My Journey of Personal Growth with Cerra™ and Shespeaks!



Life is busy.

I am busy - my mind is running in a million different directions every second.

I just started my own small candle making businessI have two wild children (ages almost one year (10/16) and seven years old) who keep me on my feet at least half of the day.  I have a three bedroom house to clean, food to cook, blogs to write, tv shows to watch, candles to make, networking to do, phone calls to those I love, birthday parties, organize the recycling, take a shower, change a diaper, tuck in my babies, go grocery shopping, clip some coupons, organize coupon binder, get the garden ready for winter, wash car....

Are you overwhelmed yet?  Tired just looking at this list?  I am sure it looks pretty familiar to many busy people out there.  Life moves so fast, sometimes it is hard to stop for a second (or three) and say "sigh".  When I was offered the opportunity to be a part of the Shespeaks  "Cerra Be Aware, Act, Reflect™" program, I knew it would be a positive influence in my life. 

Cerra™ is a website that promotes relaxation and "me" time.  Its goal is to help you de-stress and balance your daily life.  There are short exercises on the site called "moments" that are geared towards helping you regroup and refocus your mind.  I liked the "Easy on the Eyes" moment.  It is just a few minutes eye massage to help you center yourself.  What I thought was really cool is that you can enter your mood and Cerra™ will give you a "moment" recommendation. 

Cerra™ lives by the motto "Be Aware ~ Act ~ Reflect™".  To Be Aware means to recognize you own life as it is happening instead of worrying about everything else that is swirling around you (especially those dilemmas that are out of your control!)  To Act means to live with purpose and use that awareness to turn daily activities we do into mindful actions.  This, in turn, can lead to a more fulfilling life.  Reflect is just looking at our actions and ourself and making connections within the everyday world.
Along with the "Be Aware ~ Act ~ Reflect™" motto, the Cerra ™ journey also promotes the use of the seven intentions which are: Grounded, Creative Energy, Gratitude, Loving Kindness, Courage, Wisdom, and Inspiration.  The Cerra™ boutique carries a line of fragrance oils which correlates with each of these intentions.  The website does a great job of explaining each of the intentions and I strongly suggest that you check it out!


There is also a discussion board on the site where you can connect and interact with other members who are also on a journey to balance and relaxation.  


Lucky girl I am, I was sent a small kit with some products from the Cerra™ line to try out.  All of the Cerra ™ products are specifically designed to be used with the different intentions.  Right now if you sign up as a new member you get 10% off your first purchase.  I will say that I personally though that the products were bit expensive but if they help you gain a better balance on your life then they are "priceless".


I have enjoyed this program and the activities on the Cerra™ website and will continue to use them.  Let me quote the Bush Song, "It's the little things that kill..." but it can be the little things that make all the good difference if you take a moment to reflect and appreciate them.

Sensory Oil



Dissolving Notes and Marker

The Seven Intentions

Tea Bags for the Seven Intentions

Keepsake Notes - Gratitude
 

1 comment:

  1. life of a mommy is very overwhelming, but oh so enjoyable at the same time...wouldn't change a thing.

    Showing you love from the blogger society....great post!!

    ReplyDelete