Monday, November 14, 2011

BzzAgent and Burt's Bees Sensitive Skin Line














As a member of BzzAgent, I was sent a couple of products from the Burt's Bees Natural Skin Solutions for Sensitive Skin Line.  I really like Burt's Bees products overall and was pleased whe I opened my BzzBox and it contained a FULL SIZE Sensitive Daily Facial Cleanser and a Sensitive Daily Moisturizing Cream.  My skin is becoming especially sensitive with winter looming and the weather change.

  
I was pretty excited to try these products and see how they worked on my skin.  It has been a couple of months now since I have received them so I can really give a full review of how well I think they work.

First, the Facial Cleanser: 

I have combination skin leaning towards the oily side.  My t-zone gets pretty oily and I have larger than normal pores so it is important that I keep my skin clean.  I have to watch what products I use on my face because I tend to break out easily with the wrong product.  What I like about the facial cleanser is that it contains a "softening cotton extract" and that just sounds neat.  It falls right in line with what I feel the Burt's Bees brand stands for - all natural products.  Unfortunately, I really did not care much for the cleanser.  I did not feel that it cleaned my skin well enough and I still had residue left around my nose.  I will also say that I have YET to find a facial cleanser that gets rid of the gunk around my nose (stupid pores!).  On the plus side, the facial cleanser did not make me break out and it was very gentle, maybe a bit too gentle for my skin.  I also would have preferred more of a lather type cleanser whereas this was a lotion based feeling cleanser.  I did use it for a couple of weeks but it just was not what I needed in a facial cleanser.  
Now, the Facial Moisturizer:

While I am not too hip on the facial cleanser, I absolutely LOVE the Sensitive Daily Moisturizing Cream.  It has worked very well with my skin.  As I stated earlier, the weather is changing here in Michigan.  It is getting colder, the air is crisp and dry, and the wind has been brutal lately.  My poor skin has been through a lot!  I like this moisturizer because it leaves my skin feeling fresh and plump after I apply.  It doesn't have a greasiness to it and it doesn't leave my face looking shiny and greasy.  And, since my skin is on the oily side, i really need a moisturizer that can do this.  Some that I have tried leave me looking like I haven't even washed!  this moisturizer has also helped prevent against dry spots on my face that I sometimes get - around my lips and between my eyebrows.  The moisturizer also contains the cotton extract (awesome!).  I would definitely recommend it to a friend.  For any skin type really.  It retails for $15.00 in store and you can also purchase online through the Burt's Bees website.
Another great resource on the Burt's Bees website is the Sensitive Skin Guide which talks a little bit about sensitive skin, how to figure out if you have it, and how to take care of it.

Overall though, I just love Burt's Bees.  The Sensitive Skin Line is 99% Natural Ingredients and is fragrance free and hypo-allergenic.  Right now if you purchase online you can score a $2.00 off coupon too.  Love coupons!  I was actually sent moisturizer samples and coupons to hand out to friends, family...whoever and received a great response to the moisturizer.  And the coupons, of course!  I still have coupons available too.  If you would like me to mail you one please message me at amlaurie@hotmail.com and I will send you a $1.00 off coupon!

And lastly, I want to give props to Burt's Bees in general.  They are an awesome company.  They are very eco-conscious and environmentally friendly.  NONE of their products contains chemicals and synthetic ingredients like phthalates, parabens, and sodium laurel sulfate.  They do not test on animals and they are advocated for preserving honey bee health!  I believe it is important to support and invest in companies that return the goodwill back to the earth and its consumers.  Read all about their beliefs and practices HERE.

Thanks to Bzzagent.com for choosing me to try out these products and the Burt's Bees for choosing BzzAgent to do this campaign!  

Find Burt's Bees on Facebook and tell them what YOU think!



No comments:

Post a Comment