Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Tide Coldwater = Clean Clothes AND Energy Savings!

I was recently offered the opportunity through one of my favorite websites that I am a part of, SheSpeaks.com, to review Tide Coldwater Laundry Detergent in Fresh Scent.



SheSpeaksbutton
Before you try it for yourself, see what other people have to say!


What a great product review opportunity!  I LOVE Tide detergent and it is on the higher side of the pricing scale so to be able to get a jug for free really helps out my monthly household budget!  I try to wash most of clothes in cold water any ways to save on energy usage and costs (except for my towels, blankets, and sheets).  As much laundry as I do, I am surprised that I have never thought to buy the Tide Coldwater.  It makes perfect sense!



The container I received.
So, I have done quite a few loads since I received the jug a couple of weeks ago and can say that overall I am happy with the results.  Between myself and two children - ages 15 months and seven years old - LOTS of laundry is acquired in a week...Pssh, in a day!  My seven year old is constantly changing outfits throughout the day - My little fashionista!  As you can imagine, we lose quite a few outfits from staining.  Why does it always seem to be the new, cute, and most expensive outfit that gets stained up?  It never fails.  Maybe the Tide Coldwater will combat this problem!

Some of the most common stains I find on my children's clothes are chocolate milk, marker, juice, and spaghetti sauce.  ALL of them are a PAIN in the (fill it in!) to get out.

To test the Tide, I did a load of stained clothes that have been patiently waiting to be washed.  Overall, some stains were removed and others weren't.  I forgot to take my before picture of these pants but here is the after picture:

Stains are gone!
These pants had a few food stains on them.  I want to donated them to our local baby pantry (along with some other clothes) but am not going to donate stained clothes.  I had already washed them and the stains did not come out.  When I just re washed them with Tide Coldwater, the stains are gone!  Amazing.

Here is another item I washed but the Tide did not quite get everything out.  My mop pad was pretty dirty after mopping my whole house, especially in the midst of a rainy weird winter in Michigan!

Mop Pad Before wash.


Mop Pad after wash.


As you can see, a lot of the dirt came out but not all of it.  I think I am going to re soak this in some water soaped with the Tide Coldwater and re-wash it.

I like the Tide Coldwater and would recommend it AND use again.  The only thing, for my personal taste, I am not fond of is the Fresh Water Scent.  It isn't really awful or anything, I just prefer something different.

Want to keep up with Tide?  "Like" them on Facebook!  They run a lot of promotions and I have scored a couple of different coupons for detergent.  Every little bit helps!  You can also follow them on twitter.  While you are at it, check out the Tide Loads of Hope Program.  It is nice to see large companies giving back to communities in need.  

 Have you tried the Tide Coldwater before?  What do you think?  I would love to hear other peoples opinions!

Thanks for reading :-) 

**DISCLAIMER* - I was sent a free bottle of Tide Coldwater to review and will also receive a gift card upon completion of my review and blog post.  All opinions stated in this post are that of my own and are my HONEST thoughts.**






















1 comment:

  1. I love the Tide Coldwater too!
    I am passing on The Versatile Blogger Award to you and your fab blog. Check out my post-
    http://checkitoutdawn.blogspot.com/2012/01/i-got-versatile-blogger-award.html

    ReplyDelete